Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What am I living for?

So my sister sent a letter from Air Force Basic Training.
One of the things she said really made me think.
It went something like this:
"We aren't here on earth for ourselves. As long as we're trying to live only for ourselves, we'll always be unhappy."
This definitely puts things in perspective. What am I living for? Am I living for myself? Or am I living to serve God and to help spread His love to every person who I encounter?

Psalm 37:4 
Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

When we delight in the Lord, He takes care of the rest. Delight in Him, praise Him. Don't worry about anything. God is in control of your needs and even your wants. He knows the desires of your heart better than you do. Leave all that up to Him. It's better in His hands than in ours. We need to focus on God, not ourselves or our own needs. 

 John 13:37
Peter asked, "Lord, why can't I follow you now? I will lay down my life for You."

Peter was willing to completely lay down his life for Jesus and follow Him, this is what we should do. Lay down our lives for Jesus. Because Jesus gave His life for us.

The other day I wrote a simple little rhyme:
It matters not what you do,
But what He does through you.

We focus so much on everything we do. We gloat when we do something good, and we pout when we do something bad. When what we should do is humble ourselves and thank God for all that He does. We can't do a thing without God. He is so faithful, He's the reason for every good thing. Even when something bad happens it's cause He let's it, but only for our own good, usually to protect us from something else and to prepare us for the future that He has planned for us. Of course God isn't to blame for the bad things that happen to us. He only allows what we can handle to happen to us. He makes those bad things into something good. And remember, we can do ALL things through Christ. 

We aren't saved by our works. We're saved by Jesus dying for us. We're saved because God loves us so much, He cares for us for eternity. He gives us everything we need. He guides us and teaches us. Be thankful, rejoice! He is ALWAYS there for us. Always protecting us and helping us. 

Let Him work through us. Let Him use us. Be vulnerable to God. Live for Him, not for yourself.

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"


~ Joyously devoted to Jesus ~
~ Herachio Joy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment